VPN over endpoints using dhcp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-06 03:05:51
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Anyone know if I can terminate vpn's using ddns where all endpoints are using public ip's dhcp up addresses that change every few months? I don't want to log in and change the IP of the head end up. Would be great if omada would query the DNS name of the head end when it went down (due to different public dhcp address).

Thank you!

Options
5 Reply
Re:VPN over endpoints using dhcp
2022-02-06 03:12:37

@Josh38 and I am using the oc200 controller 

Thanks all!

Josh38 wrote

Hi all,

Anyone know if I can terminate vpn's using ddns where all endpoints are using public ip's dhcp up addresses that change every few months? I don't want to log in and change the IP of the head end up. Would be great if omada would query the DNS name of the head end when it went down (due to different public dhcp address).

Thank you!

Options
2022-02-07 13:07:38

@Josh38 

I'm confused with your issue, actually what do you mean "terminate vpn"?

Can you elaborate your specific requirement?

Why do you want to achieve this " can I terminate vpn's using ddns where all endpoints are using public ip's dhcp up addresses that change every few months "?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-02-07 19:23:31

@Virgo 

Please see the above example. Since the headquarters location is getting a public ip via dhcp, if the ip changes, we have to go to the branch offices and update the ip of the headquarters location. It would be great if we could just use the synamic dns hostname instead if possible.

Thank you!

Options
2022-02-07 19:40:01

@Josh38 

yes your sketch will work perfectly fine. with tp-link router you can use name and dynamic ip on every site. yes

Options
2022-02-09 10:29:23

@Josh38 

Looking at your example it doesn't seem to have anything to do with using ddns to terminate the vpn, still don't quite understand why you need to go to the branch office to update the IP when the HQ IP changes after using ddns?

Because you can go directly to the remote gateway when setting up the VPN is support to add a domain name.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 5

Related Articles