WPA Authentication times out/failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-06 13:17:17
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.30 (1.14.3 Build 20220112 Rel.64116)

Hello,

i have installed the OC200 last week in combination with 2 EAP245 and 1 EAP235 (all updated to actual firmware). On of my clients, a Reolink WebCam (E1 Zoom) is connected to a wireless network (2.4 Ghz) and is easily reachable within the network. But i often get a message from the OC200 with the following text:

<******> : My private names have been removed

###################################################################################################
#                        Omada Controller Log - 2022-02-06
# Time: 2022-02-06
# Controller version: 5.0.30
# Site: <******>
###################################################################################################

2022-02-06 14:02:33 CLIENT   INFO         Cam-Eingang failed to connected to AP-Wohnzimmer with SSID "<******>" on channel 11 because WPA Authentication times out/failed.(1 time in a minute)

My WLAN is set to authentication method "WPA2-PSK/Auto". It is strange that the client gets a stable connection, but then from time to time the connection/authentication fails. Can the time out period be adjusted?

Kind regards, G.

Options
2 Reply
Re:WPA Authentication times out/failed
2022-02-07 07:53:40

Dear @gevaugeh ,

gevaugeh wrote

i have installed the OC200 last week in combination with 2 EAP245 and 1 EAP235 (all updated to actual firmware). On of my clients, a Reolink WebCam (E1 Zoom) is connected to a wireless network (2.4 Ghz) and is easily reachable within the network. But i often get a message from the OC200 with the following text:
2022-02-06 14:02:33 CLIENT   INFO         Cam-Eingang failed to connected to AP-Wohnzimmer with SSID "<******>" on channel 11 because WPA Authentication times out/failed.(1 time in a minute)

My WLAN is set to authentication method "WPA2-PSK/Auto". It is strange that the client gets a stable connection, but then from time to time the connection/authentication fails. Can the time out period be adjusted?

This error message means the connection failed because the client did not pass the authentication due to authentication timeout or wrong password.

You may check which EAP the camera is connected to, it may be caused by switching to another EAP.
You can also try turning down the Tx power to test.
May I know whether you have enabled any advanced features like Band Steering, AI Roaming?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:WPA Authentication times out/failed
2022-05-18 09:24:13

@Hank21 

Sorry for the very late replay. I changed my cameras and tested them in various environments. But now they are back. I changed the power settings for the EAP the camera mostly connects to and there was an update for the camera itself. Last week i also installed the OC200 update.

I don´t know, what was the final solution, but since now, the error is gone.

Options