Map says Internet Disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-07 04:12:46
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have an OC200 attached to a switch attached to my modem/router-combo, w 4 APs on a mesh in my home. Suddenly having a lot of trouble connecting to the internet. Typically a device will connect and disconnect repeatedly, or will connect and tell me there's no internet. However occasionally a device will work. The cloud software tells me on the Map that the internet is disconncected. Not sure what would have caused this as nothing has changed in my setup. Any ideas?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Map says Internet Disconnected
2022-02-08 06:31:09

Dear @charliechuck01

charliechuck01 wrote

I have an OC200 attached to a switch attached to my modem/router-combo, w 4 APs on a mesh in my home. Suddenly having a lot of trouble connecting to the internet. Typically a device will connect and disconnect repeatedly, or will connect and tell me there's no internet. However occasionally a device will work. The cloud software tells me on the Map that the internet is disconncected. Not sure what would have caused this as nothing has changed in my setup. Any ideas?

To better assist you, the following information needs to be confirmed with you.
1. Do the wireless clients actually connected to the EAP have Internet access?

2. What is the exact hardware and firmware version of all your EAPs?
What is the exact firmware version of the OC200?

3. Have you tried to upgrade the firmware version of the devices on your network before this problem occurred?

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-11 20:28:23

@Hank21 What seems to be happening is that whenever a device tries to connect to one of the EAPs it disconnects after a couple seconds, then reconnects, and just does this over and over forever. I have all my EAPs wired to an unmanaged network switch and I noticed that some of the ports don't seem to be working anymore (I connect a cable to one port and it shows activity, but on another, port the same cable shows no activity). So I reconnected everything to a different switch and things seem to be connecting, EXCEPT for the EAPs are still doing that connect/reconnect thing. I think all the hardware is up to date.

EAPs: 

Model: EAP225(US) v3.0

Firmware Version: 2.20.1 Build 20200630 Rel. 41064

Controller:

Model: OC200 1.0

Firmware Version: 1.14.3 Build 20220112 Rel.64116

Options
2022-02-11 20:30:07
I did just place an order for the TP-Link TL-SG3428 24 Port Gigabit Switch hoping it will play better w the rest of the Omada setup
Options
2022-02-14 06:04:16

Dear  @charliechuck01 ,

charliechuck01 wrote

EAPs: 

Model: EAP225(US) v3.0

Firmware Version: 2.20.1 Build 20200630 Rel. 41064

Your EAP's firmware is not latest one, actually you can try to upgrade them to the latest one EAP225(US)_V3_5.0.7 Build 20211026 to test.

Please refer to this link: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/eap225/v3/#Firmware

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 699

Replies: 4

Related Articles