ER605: VLANs and OpenVPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-08 13:13:13
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone. 

I need advice if my problem is solvable (and if is what can I do to solve it).

Network topology is provided below. 

On 1st eth port will be provided Internet connection, my corp network (used as trunk). 

2nd, 3rd, 4th will be connected to the devices. Those are different devices, but have the same (local) IP addresses, like 192.168.1.1. I want to create VLAN for each port and connect with devices using OpenVPN. Connection will be started from VM with static IP address. 

I don't know how to use VLANtags for this problem or even is this possible to connect with certain device using VLANtag. And if package that will return will know where should be returned (to the VM that sent package to device), like IP1 connected with VLANtag1 and so on.

I will be really grateful with any hints or advices how to create such network. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605: VLANs and OpenVPN
2022-02-09 09:48:04

@thehungryadam 

I'm a little confused as to what your exact needs actually are.
Why do you want the same IP for all three devices?
Also is your picture mislabeled, the port connected to the device is the LAN port, correct?
Do you want to set up an open VPN on each WAN port?
Or just on WAN1?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options