I can't get the SMTP function to work on Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-08 14:24:50 - last edited 2022-04-01 05:22:33
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0.30

I can't get the SMTP function to work on Omada when it works with the very same settings on my Synology NAS (including same password)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I can't get the SMTP function to work on Omada-Solution
2022-04-01 00:05:39 - last edited 2022-04-01 05:22:33
It is working now, im using office365. uncheched the SSL with port 587. it just work out of nowhere after coming back to this thread and testing it again.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:I can't get the SMTP function to work on Omada
2022-02-09 08:46:28

Dear @RCouineau ,

RCouineau wrote

I can't get the SMTP function to work on Omada when it works with the very same settings on my Synology NAS (including same password)

You can try to enable SSL to test like below:

Best Regards!

Options
2022-02-09 08:53:17

Dear @RCouineau ,

In addition, after looking carefully at the picture you posted, I repeatedly compared it and found that the number of passwords do not match on both sides.

Can you double check that you have entered your password correctly?

Best Regards!

Options
2022-02-09 19:51:15 - last edited 2022-02-09 19:54:39

@Hank21 I double checked the email and tried with SSL as well with the support of my ISP for the SMTP addresses and ports. All settings (SSL or not) work with Synology NAS, Windows Mail but fail with Omada. I can ping and telnet into my ISP's SMTP server through the right ports (SSL or not).Help!

Options
2022-02-10 06:28:53

Dear @RCouineau,

RCouineau wrote

@Hank21 I double checked the email and tried with SSL as well with the support of my ISP for the SMTP addresses and ports. All settings (SSL or not) work with Synology NAS, Windows Mail but fail with Omada. I can ping and telnet into my ISP's SMTP server through the right ports (SSL or not).Help!

Thank you very much for your reply.

What is the encryption method of your previous SMTP server?
Was it STARTTLS?

And it is strongly suggest that you may try another SMTP server such as Gmail to test.

Best Regards!

Options
2022-02-10 15:56:04 - last edited 2022-02-10 15:56:52

@Hank21 I tried using Gmail as SMTP server following instructions from https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/2919/ . Same error message. I tied using the same settings in Synology NAS with the same Gmail SMTP server and it goes through without a problem with both SSL and TLS

Options
2022-02-11 12:12:49

Dear @RCouineau

RCouineau wrote

@Hank21 I tried using Gmail as SMTP server following instructions from https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/2919/ . Same error message. I tied using the same settings in Synology NAS with the same Gmail SMTP server and it goes through without a problem with both SSL and TLS

We haven't actually received any similar cases of unsuccessful setup with gmail yet, it seems more likely that the problem is with your SMTP server, could you please check if there are any security settings on your server that don't allow third party software to access or send messages?

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Options
2022-02-11 15:36:46

@Hank21 Both Gmail and Videotron DON'T work with the Omada Controller. Both Gmail and Videotron DO work with my Synology NAS on the same LAN. The commonality seems to me to be the Omada Controller. What do you want me to check? Do you want us to set up a live support session?

Options
2022-02-14 06:51:59

Dear @RCouineau ,

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Options
2022-02-18 07:55:30

@RCouineau any update on this ? i have similar problem.

Options
2022-03-31 21:00:07

@Jeesoon1 I'm having this same issue. Doesn't work with my work's email settings, or Gmail.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1438

Replies: 11