When 2nd Wan is connected, download speeds slow dramatically. 

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 05:31:04
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

When 2nd Wan is connected, download speeds slow dramatically.  See image at bottom.  Blue points above 10 Mbps are with only Wan 1 Connected.  All the others are with Wan 1 and Wan 2 connected. 

• Wan1 is set to Upstream Bandwidth:1000000 and Downstream Bandwidth: 1000000 

1. I have tried setting  Wan 2 to  Upstream Bandwidth:1000000 and Downstream Bandwidth: 1000000 
  2. I have tried setting  Wan 2 to  Upstream Bandwidth:100 and Downstream Bandwidth: 100

1. I have set Enable Load Balancing = true, Enable Application Optimized Routing = true, Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s):  WAN =true
  2. I have set Enable Load Balancing = true, Enable Application Optimized Routing = true, Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s):  WAN/LAN1 = true
  3. I have set Enable Load Balancing = true, Enable Application Optimized Routing = true, Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s):   = false
  4. I have set Enable Load Balancing = true, Enable Application Optimized Routing = false, Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s):   = false
  5. I have set Enable Load Balancing = false, Enable Application Optimized Routing = false, Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s):   = false
  6. I have set Enable Load Balancing = , Enable Application Optimized Routing = , Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s):   =  to most of the possibilities.

When the 2nd WAN status is connected, I get slow download speeds.   When I force it to disconnect I get fast download speeds.

The 2nd WAN is set to be the link backup for the 1st WAN.

1 WAN WAN/LAN1 Backup when any primary WAN fails -- Enabled

The first WAN is Starlink.  The 2nd WAN is a vastly inferior ISP that will go unnamed at least for now.  The inferior ISP speeds are all over the place.  They go from 200kb to 45mbps and sometimes stay at one extreme or the other for days.

At this point I'm so fed up with the 2nd ISP that I don't care if I'm using them at all EXCEPT for when Starlink goes down.  I haven't had much experience with Starlink, so this might never happen.

Regardless, I would like to know how to get my full Starlink speeds while keeping my 2nd ISP active for Fail overs.  

Thanks in Advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:When 2nd Wan is connected, download speeds slow dramatically. 
2022-02-11 12:33:15

@HumbleCake 

Hi,

I think you may have set it up wrong, reading your description you may need the link backup function more.

Can this help you: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2133/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 1

Related Articles