How to adopt a remote ER7206 without loosing the actual configutation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 09:01:19 - last edited 2022-02-10 09:02:40
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

How to adopt a remote ER7206 without loosing the actual configuration due to is running the site to site vpn tunnel to the main office?

The controller OC200 is at the main office and it is a site to site vpn tunnel to a remote location between 2 x ER7206.

The  ER7206 at the main office is controlled by the OC200 and I like to add the ER7206 at the remote location to the controller and manage the whole site from the controller.

The problem is that when try to adopt the remote ER7206 the VPN tunnel goes down due to the controller OC200 configure the ER7206.

Any suggestion on how to adopt it with out loosing the site to site vpn tunnel?

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to adopt a remote ER7206 without loosing the actual configutation
2022-02-11 10:10:18

Dear @Willy_013

Willy_013 wrote

How to adopt a remote ER7206 without loosing the actual configuration due to is running the site to site vpn tunnel to the main office?

The controller OC200 is at the main office and it is a site to site vpn tunnel to a remote location between 2 x ER7206.

The  ER7206 at the main office is controlled by the OC200 and I like to add the ER7206 at the remote location to the controller and manage the whole site from the controller.

The problem is that when try to adopt the remote ER7206 the VPN tunnel goes down due to the controller OC200 configure the ER7206.

You can set up a site-to-site IPsec VPN entry on the controller in advance, just as you would in Standalone mode, and then try the remote adopt ER7206 to test.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:How to adopt a remote ER7206 without loosing the actual configutation
2022-02-12 09:22:19

Hello @Hank21

That is the way I thought should work but did not. That is exactly what I did, my controller is setup with the site to site vpn and the remote ER7206 is setup as standalone with an entry site to site vpn, the tunnel is up, but when the controller adopt the ER7206 the tunnel goes down do to the controller reconfigure the router overwriting the site to site conf that is in the router. 

BTW I was able to do it this way, I hope this help another person that get this problem. I did a factory reset in the remote router, set it up as stand alone but did not configured the vpn tunnel. I port forwarded the ports 29810 to 29814 in the main office pointing to the controller and in the remote ER7206 configured the controller URL discovery. This way the controller was able to discover and adopt the remote router thru internet without a VPN site to site,  then when the router was adopted, I configured the router and the site to site vpn tunnel in the controller ( configured in both routers/ one in each site). 

Thank you. 

Options