Odd speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Odd speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Odd speeds
Odd speeds
2022-02-11 13:01:46 - last edited 2022-02-11 13:09:47
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I'm not sure what the deal is here. Back story. Moved to using AP based on a budy who had the equipment and installed it all for me. 

Router -edge max 

Switch - Netgear 

Eap 660hd

Eap 245v3.

Software controller.

All hard wired (no mesh)

(Just bought another 660hd the 245 will become shop so it's disconnected for now)

All was great till last week or so. Seems I'm being limited on speeds. Using my phone Samsung s21 ultra 5g with wifi 6 . When I first hit test speed it will peak 345Mps but then drop to 280Mps. Everytime. My fire stick max won't get above 200Mps. Wifi6. This is testing within 15ft of either 660hd. 

Uploads will stay steady at 900Mps. Wired connection I get my Full 1Gig ...

Weeks ago I was getting 500 or better from wifi6.. 

5ghz is on 80

2.4 is on 20

Using less used channels. So interference is less than 2% on each . 

Played with all setting but no changes 

Would going all TP-Link help. Minus router?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Odd speeds
2022-02-15 07:24:36

Dear @Chvybeatsford,

Chvybeatsford wrote

All was great till last week or so. Seems I'm being limited on speeds. Using my phone Samsung s21 ultra 5g with wifi 6 . When I first hit test speed it will peak 345Mps but then drop to 280Mps. Everytime. My fire stick max won't get above 200Mps. Wifi6. This is testing within 15ft of either 660hd. 

Uploads will stay steady at 900Mps. Wired connection I get my Full 1Gig ...

Weeks ago I was getting 500 or better from wifi6..

So you mean weeks ago you can use the same device connect to EAP's 5G WiFi and get 500M+ speed, but now just shows 280M-345M?

1. Actually, in this moment when you connect to the router’s Wi-Fi, how much speed you can get from the router?

2. Please connect the PC to the EAP’s Wi-Fi, and then please follow this link to check the associated speed.

3. Then please open the website (https://www.speedtest.net) to check the speed again.

4. How many devices are connecting to the EAP’s Wi-Fi?

Are there any wireless clients running big traffic applications, such as online video, P2P download?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-15 19:18:59

@Hank21 

Hopefully this answeres some your concerns.  Latest Beta controller as of 2 days ago and of course latest AP software. 

Using my S21 ultra 5G. / Fast dot com for test and Wifi details on phone for PHY / Wifi Man app For Signal Strenghts and to confirm im on each AP While Testing.

Conection at home 1Gbps up and Down

Hardelined From netgear switch

Main Pc. 

1000/1000Mbps adaptor Speed test results  880Mbps 940Mbps up

Laptop for controller 

1000/1000Mbps adaptor Speed test results 920Mbps 730Mbps up 

Wifi

1. Living room 660Hd - PHY Rate is 1.2Gbps up and 1.2Gbps down / Signal is -38 Speed test Will Peak at 400Mbps for a sec then about 4 sec of 300Mbps and complete itself. Uplaods 770Mbps

2. Bedroom 660Hd PHY 1.2Gbps Signal is -36  and speed test results pretty much matched liuving room. 

3. Outside area 245 V3 PHY 866Mbps Signal -40 speed test 320Mbps 260Mbps up but same as it peaked a lil higher but settled on these results. 

It really seems as if im beeing throttled back some home. I cant rule out the routers but the Bed room 660Hd is less than a week old and out box straight to adopting and connected. So it has not had any setting changed past what the controler changes. 

Just tried the test again but after restarting Controller Pc and Not the controller and results bascially same. 

Also Wathcing my traffic  in the Edgemax Router GUI most current and average is around 50-100 Kbps .

Thanks .. If you need more info please chime in.

Options
2022-02-15 19:28:09

Whoops..  just realized you asked for speed test /net. 

Hardlines we're 931Mbps 918Mbps

Phone. Kinda odd. Using website. (It didn't test up load )but down load was 334Mbps

but using app was 219Mbps and 683Mbps up. 

Options
2022-02-16 05:34:38

Dear @Chvybeatsford ,

Thanks for your detailed information, it is very helpful.

Actually we recommend you can use the iPerf tool to test.

When using iPerf, the host can connect to the server directly, eliminating the effects of the ISP and network congestion, and can measure the most accurate speed, reducing the network influence to the lowest.

Please refer to this article to test that:

How to use iPerf to test the speed between the EAP and the wireless client?

And please also tell us what's the physical connection(current topology) of your all devices?

(You can draw a diagram of Network Topology simply if you don't mind.)

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-16 18:11:56

@Hank21 thanks for the replies. I will try today but feeling under the weather and may not be able to focus enough to get. At worse ill  get it tested over the weekend. Unless i reply back today meaning i didnt hurt my head thinking.. 

Options
2022-02-17 15:21:51

@Hank21 

Here is what i think you wanted via connection map. Still under weather ... All other devices are wireless. My IOT devices are on a seperate SSID limited to 10/2MB I did get the Iperf 2 test done with my phone. Was unsure what Size file i should use for test as stock said 5k so i changed to 500MB to get the numbers ill be posting. At 5k results were low. If i need to fix this please let me know.   Again a budy came and set all this up and Im no networking guy. Only real change i made from from his set up was change my PC used for controller. P/C controller is on a static IP set in the router. The switch as i remember and what i can tell loggin in to the gui is its in DUMB mode. Non Manage.  Thanks. if any more info Needed please let me know. Ill do my Best. 

Options
2022-02-17 15:23:39

Options
2022-02-17 16:10:41
Forgot to add i have a FIber connection .. no ISP router ...
Options
2022-02-18 07:20:32

Dear @Chvybeatsford,

Based on the Iperf test results you provided, we can see that your speed is roughly 60+MB, which translates to about 500Mb, and you only have the wired speed of 800-900Mb. Generally speaking, due to losses, WiFi speed is about half of the line speed, so the results seem to be normal.

Best Regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 9

Related Articles