ER605: How to setup a Client to LAN IPSEC VPN to connect to via Windows 10 for example?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605: How to setup a Client to LAN IPSEC VPN to connect to via Windows 10 for example?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-13 22:46:57 - last edited 2022-02-16 09:29:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

I am trying to configure an IPSEC Client to LAN VPN tunnel on my ER605. The idea is for me to connect from my Home Windows 10 client to the office LAN (and internet through office gateway) using IPSEC client to LAN VPN tunnel.

If more information needed please let me know.

Any advice much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605: How to setup a Client to LAN IPSEC VPN to connect to via Windows 10 for example?-Solution
2022-02-14 08:22:51 - last edited 2022-02-16 09:29:17

Dear @dzambas

dzambas wrote

I am trying to configure an IPSEC Client to LAN VPN tunnel on my ER605. The idea is for me to connect from my Home Windows 10 client to the office LAN (and internet through office gateway) using IPSEC client to LAN VPN tunnel.

Based on your requirements, you may choose to set L2TP Client-to-LAN IPsec VPN.

Here is the article to guide you how to set it:

How to establish an L2TP Server by Omada Gateway in Standalone mode?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ER605: How to setup a Client to LAN IPSEC VPN to connect to via Windows 10 for example?-Solution
2022-02-14 08:22:51 - last edited 2022-02-16 09:29:17

Dear @dzambas

dzambas wrote

Based on your requirements, you may choose to set L2TP Client-to-LAN IPsec VPN.

Here is the article to guide you how to set it:

How to establish an L2TP Server by Omada Gateway in Standalone mode?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605: How to setup a Client to LAN IPSEC VPN to connect to via Windows 10 for example?
2022-02-14 12:47:12

@Hank21 Thank you very much for the advice, I have already setup the L2TP/IPSEC Client to LAN VPN tunnel, this works great I must say, I am very happy how simple the setup was and how quick the connection is established. I just saw some articles how this type of VPN tunnel is not really the most secure one, it has some vulnerabilities. My use case would be to connect to my office via Samsung S10 and Windows 10 clients and use the office router as a default gateway. L2TP/IPSEC covers this perfectly to be honest, my only concern is the security of such tunnel. Should I really worry about this or not?

Options
Re:ER605: How to setup a Client to LAN IPSEC VPN to connect to via Windows 10 for example?
2022-02-16 04:46:21

Dear @dzambas ,

dzambas wrote

Should I really worry about this or not?

The L2TP VPN tunnel you have set up is based on IPsec encryption and is secure, you don't need to worry about it.

Best Regards!

Options
2022-02-16 09:29:58
Thank you Hank. Best regards,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6413

Replies: 4