after typhoon, can't connect to router at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-14 22:42:28 - last edited 2022-02-14 22:46:45
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had the load balance router living in a box up the hill serving a bunch of villages for a year now. We just had a typhoon and it's been 2 months and now power is restored so I'm trying to repair our network, but this load balance router won't connect to anything. the lights are all on as they're supposed to be, and flickering as if they're transferring data, but I just can't get anything on the lan port to connect and open it like before.

it was always on its default 192.168.0.1 lan IP, and was connected to a switch which I had a wireless access point connected to now if I try to connect to that wireless AP it just sits connecting. 

I don't want to jump to a hard reset because this thing has lots and lots of config forbanwidth controls for all my customers. it's a poor remote village area in a 3rd world country. 

there were some ants inside it, but the way the lights all come on and it looks like it takes a while as per normal while it boots.

is there anything I can do to get the config out?

I never could use the omada controller because it was bugged out so bad that I could never connect using the omada app, so had to run it in standalone mode.

I did try pluggingmy laptop directly into the lan port, and it makes a connection but I can't access 192.168.0.1

it's windows so I have to hit connect then immediately close the connection window because if I dont, it thinks, OH NO INTERNET BETTER NOT CONNECT TO THAT the stupid piece of junk. nothing ever works as developers or programmers intend.

so I can get it to say it's connected to an "unidentified network" with no internet, but can't get anything beyond that

Options
4 Reply
Re:after typhoon, can't connect to router at all
2022-02-14 22:47:51
so why would , sitting there powered off for 2 months cause it to just die as a router??
Options
2022-02-15 00:07:46
its bricked! hard reset and still saem problem, so a TP-Link business router lasted me about 10 months.
Options
2022-02-15 09:44:33

@NotVeryGood 

It looks like it's bricked, you can try firmware recovery, hope this helps:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3062/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-02-19 13:05:44 - last edited 2022-02-19 13:07:26

see I just followed that, and I put it to you that that this "emergency recovery mode" is actually a lie, a cover story constructed by their product team to make the customer feel like they're just really unlucky and to make the customer feel like TPink had something in place for situations like this. I just can't see the router behaving any differently while holding the reset button and plugging it in. I know what companies are like, they need to appear like they had a system in place,but the truth is it's unrecoverable and a waste of money.

I mean, come on, EMERGENCY RECOVERY MODE. they could ha e come up with something a bit more plausible haha

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 4