EAP610 WDS support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP610 WDS support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP610 WDS support
EAP610 WDS support
2022-02-15 18:02:08
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi. Does EAP610 supports WDS? if yes how to enable, or do i need to use omada sdn? i want to connect other router/ap with openwrt on it

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP610 WDS support
2022-02-16 07:44:53

Dear @tomaxsas ,

tomaxsas wrote

Hi. Does EAP610 supports WDS? if yes how to enable, or do i need to use omada sdn? i want to connect other router/ap with openwrt on it

I'm afraid that it doesn't support. But you may consider to use the Mesh function on the EAP.

You will need to configure the Mesh network on the controller.
Normally, it is suggested for you to run the controller all the time.

You can check more detailed information about mesh network in the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2283/

To establish the mesh network, you will need to connect one EAP to the router/switch via Ethernet cable, and the other EAPs will be able to wirelessly connect to each other.

With the mesh network, you just need to power on the other EAPs, and they will not need to connect to the router/switch via Ethernet cable.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 1