Factory Reset not working using the reset button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-16 18:33:05
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Unfortunately there is no documentation in the user guide on the factory reset procedure using the reset button.

I tried:

• pressing reset for 10s
  • pressing reset for 30s
  • pressing reset, power on and hold for 10s
  • 30-30-30 (pressing reset, power off, power on and press again)

The router would not signal an reset or state change using the LEDs, or resume operation an respond to pint on 192.168.0.1.

Any help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Factory Reset not working using the reset button
2022-02-18 12:05:28

@r2h2 

As I known, as long as you keep the router powered on and use the pin to press the reset hole more than 8-15s, then the system LED will flash, after that, all lights will flash once quickly. Then it means the reset process done.

BTW, did you use the original power cord to power it?

If it still no help, suggest you can use the PC connect to it directly, and set the static IP 192.168.0.30 for the PC, and try to ping 192.168.0.1.

If you can ping through, then use it to login its web interface.

Oh, and you'd better keep the wifi off on the PC.

If it still no help, then unfortunately, this router may have the hardware issue, suggest you contact the support directly to solve your issue more better.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-02-18 14:39:07

@Virgo , thak you. TP-Link support answered yesterday and said that the device is broken, so I returned it already

Options
2022-02-21 10:58:11
so, mine is broken too, same issue for me, but i dont have the luxury of returning it because im in a 3rd world coutnry. im really pissed off that I trusted TP Link.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1955

Replies: 3

Related Articles