Two ER605 Gateway on same controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-17 15:57:56
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0.30

Hi 

I have multiple wan connection in different parts of the building. At same time the building has an internal lan connection to connect all the devices in same lan. Now I'm using one ER605 to load balance two wan connections. But I have other two wan connections on a separate part of the building. Is it possible to add a secondary gateway on same site to use others wan connections? Ideally  as I have configured two different VLAN it will be the best if I can redirect traffic from one vlan to the first gateway and traffic from the second VLAN on second gateway. 

Here an example diagram of what I'd like to realize. Any one know if it is possible?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Two ER605 Gateway on same controller
2022-02-17 20:16:34

@DDeCao yes, the best way is to create different sites, from the top side you can define a site per each gateway as I guess you will be running them together, now the only thing is that you have to open ports depending where you gateway is in order to communicate back to each other and discover devices.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3265/

Options
2022-02-17 20:31:16

@Family_AM thanks for the reply.

But how I can establish a link between two sites? I don't like to establish a VPN tunnel over internet as I have a phisical connection in place. Currently the two VLAN are used just to create a logical separation but the two subnet needs to comunicate as there are shared resources. 

Options
2022-02-18 10:18:13 - last edited 2022-02-18 19:20:11

@DDeCao 

interesting project, I have a similar setup that I breathed life into now.

I first tried with VLAN between the switches but I did not succeed so I had to create a separate network on router WAN / LAN1 and use PPTP between the routers

in short, this is what I did

1. create a site for each router
2. in internet enable WAN / LAN1 on both routers and connect them together, set static ip on this interface
3. create an unencrypted PPTP Server on one of the sites connected to WAN / LAN1
4. Create a VPN user with network extention where the PPTP server is
5. On the other site create a PPTP client enable routing and select unencrypted

6. Create a policy route that route ipgroup_any to wan interface on both site

On an unencrypted PPTP tunnel, you should get 5-600Mbps between the sites.

Work pretty good, both site are connected with good speed. 

Options