Maximum hop count and speed for EAP610 and EAP670 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-21 09:00:08

I want to create a new wireless network on a camp site, using the newest outdoor antenna's EAP610 or 670, which aren't available yet. Also I can't seem to find the proper documentation. 

i'm not able to create a star topology, because the camp site is long stretched and the uplink is on one end of it.

As the good old EAP225-outdoor supports a max number of 3 hops (see Frequently Asked Questions about EAP Mesh Network | TP-Link ) I was wondering about the following things:

• Will the new EAP610-outdoor of EAP670-outdoor support more hops?
  • Will their mesh at the last hop have the same throughput speed on Wifi-6? On Q8 in the link above TP-Link mentions the half-duplex loss of speed. It seems to me this problem wouldn't exist on Wifi6?

Anyone can help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Maximum hop count and speed for EAP610 and EAP670 ?
2022-02-22 12:12:07

Dear @ElStupid ,

ElStupid wrote

As the good old EAP225-outdoor supports a max number of 3 hops (see Frequently Asked Questions about EAP Mesh Network | TP-Link ) I was wondering about the following things:

• Will the new EAP610-outdoor of EAP670-outdoor support more hops?
  • Will their mesh at the last hop have the same throughput speed on Wifi-6? On Q8 in the link above TP-Link mentions the half-duplex loss of speed. It seems to me this problem wouldn't exist on Wifi6?

EAP610-outdoor, EAP670-outdoor and EAP225-outdoor are the same, supports a max number of 3 hops.
As for wireless half-duplex issue, this is a wireless characteristic and is determined by the transmission medium.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-22 12:52:24 - last edited 2022-02-22 12:56:06

@Hank21 Thanks for the response.

What is still unclear to me: what will be the transission speed between the meshed AP's?

In other words: If I'm using all AP610 on Wifi6 connection, will clients connected to the last hop suffer from low internet speed because of reduced mesh speed?

Options
2022-02-23 04:49:28

Dear @ElStupid ,

ElStupid wrote

What is still unclear to me: what will be the transission speed between the meshed AP's?

In other words: If I'm using all AP610 on Wifi6 connection, will clients connected to the last hop suffer from low internet speed because of reduced mesh speed?

Due to the half-duplex characteristics of wireless communication and the signal loss during transmission, the wireless performance will drop inevitably alone with the hop increase in Mesh network.

Hope this article can help you learn more details, please check Q8:

Frequently Asked Questions about EAP Mesh Network

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1173

Replies: 3

Related Articles