Multi WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multi WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multi WAN
Multi WAN
2022-02-21 16:00:57 - last edited 2022-02-22 00:54:35
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I own an ER605 multi-WAN router.

I have three WAN connections - 2 x 1G, 1 x 0.5G and I wish to utilise them at the same time to create a 2.5G network. The problem is that the device I have only comes with 5 WAN/LAN ports. If I connect all three WANs to the same device, I am left with 2 ports that output 1G each. This means I am only using 2G despite having a 2.5G connection.

I intend to purchase another wireless router that supports dual wan and I have come up with a connection that may work. However, I just want to seek your advice before committing to the purchase.

I intend to connect 2 x 1G to the new router, then via one of the LAN ports from the router, I connect it to my ER605. For my remaining 0.5 WAN, I intend to connect it to ER605 as well since it supports multi-WAN. This will allow me to have 2G on the wireless router and up to 1.5G on my ER605 when utilisation on the wireless router is low. However, I am not sure if this will work since I am connecting from one of the LAN ports from the wireless router to the WAN port of ER605 and it doesn't seem like there is a bridging mode for ER605. Anyone knows better? Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Multi WAN
2022-02-22 13:10:33

@sgben 

Can you draw a rough diagram to show how you want to connect these devices?
I didn't quite understand your description, how many routers are you specifically trying to use to achieve your needs?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-02-26 11:27:32

@Virgo 

Options
2022-03-04 19:01:36

@sgben if you want to play around before buying, you maybe want to take a look at bonding: https://wiki.debian.org/Bonding

Bonding can be done with any switch (just make sure all ports are connected to same switch).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 3

Related Articles