managing SFP module connected to ER7206

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-25 10:49:24
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I use an SFP GPON module to connect to the internet on the ER7206, the only way I found to access the management interface via telnet or web is shutting down the internet connection, setting the SFP interface of the router on fixed, private address, setting the link up and a PC o the same subnet .

What I have tried

- static routing on the router

- the secondary connection feature

- static routing on the clients.

Nothing of that works when the internet connection is up.

Is there any proper way to access the SFP module internal IP from a client connected to the router ? I have to move the module to a media converter or to a switch in order to access  it and that is extremely annoying an disruptive.

Options
2 Reply
Re:managing SFP module connected to ER7206
2022-03-01 06:46:01 - last edited 2022-03-01 06:48:37

@crrodriguez The GPON is designed to be like that. You may check the WAN IP address of the tplink router and if that is a public IP, then tplink router cannot go to the management page of the modem. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:managing SFP module connected to ER7206
2022-03-01 12:08:28

@Hank21 No, it is not designed to be like that.. if you connect it to any other kind of router you can always manage it irrespective of the other connection, for example if you connect it to a mikrotik device at least the router itself is always able to talk to internal ip address..

The SFP admin interface does not listen on WAN...if it did it will be pretty dangerous.. 

Options