Show EAP Serial Numbers inside Controller/App interfaces

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-25 18:39:20 - last edited 2022-02-25 18:40:22

So I installed 3 EAP access points in my home and didn't write down the serial numbers before doing so.  Why?  Because I looked in the interface of the app on my android phone and saw that Serial Numbers for the switches were there.  I assumed that serial numbers were also there for the other equipment.

Now, when I went to register my products the week after installation, I realized that the serial number IS NOT in the app, nor on the controller...and while I was able to get a serial from the main EAP...the two EAP WALL models don't have the serial number on the boxes. 

This isn't difficult to do...but it would be so much better and uniform if you placed the serial numbers for ALL equipment for each site.  I'll give you a use case here:

1. Imagine that my 'site' is actually a hotel...one of a chain of 20 that I manage the network for.

2. Imagine that I've installed 20 EAP Wall models and don't have the serial numbers

3. Imagine that the hotel is a 1.5 hour drive away.

4. Now I get to drive 1.5 hours...3 hours round trip...to remove each WALL EAP to look behind it and try to  find the serial number so I can register the product for warranty coverage.

or...if you included serial numbers for all your equipment:

1.  Look in the app/controller and get the serial number

So this is feedback...make the same information for your equipment available for anything that you connect to Omada.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Show EAP Serial Numbers inside Controller/App interfaces
2022-03-01 05:42:11

@devn3t Thank you for your kindly feedback. I will forward your requirement to the related department.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 815

Replies: 1