Omada routing issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada routing issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada routing issue
Omada routing issue
2022-02-26 12:56:39
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I'm running an Omada network with the controller hosted in a docker container on my raspberry pi. The pi also functions as DNS (pi hole) and is a vpn server (wireguard). However it would appear the omada controller is not properly routing my port forwarding. This is the routing table shown for the gateway. I have intentionally cleared all port forwarding and routing setup. So apparently this is all generated by Omada itself:

192.168.1.1 is the modem, so the gateway to the internet.

The LAN is 192.168.2.0/24

192.168.2.99 is the PI

192.168.1.0/24 is from the modem.

So my question is: why is there a route setup to .2.99 that goes to .1.1 and how do I remove or change it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada routing issue
2022-03-01 04:47:23

@Mriswith 192.168.2.99 is your controller IP so I guess it is something to do with the controller. It make sense if the controller wants to keep the Internet access no matter your local network settings. 

I don't have more details about your whole network so it's hard to say it is related to your port forwarding issue. 

Options
Re:Omada routing issue
2022-03-01 07:40:20
Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I had a similar feeling, more specifically that it was related to the fact that I had cloud access turned on. But after removing it, no changes happened to the route.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 3

Related Articles