Votes

Feature Requests for JetStream 8-Port 10G SFP+ L2+ Managed Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-28 03:04:52
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Hi,

Please consider making the following changes on the next revision of the TL-SX3008F switch firmware:

1> Please increase all the comment and interface name type field lengths to 64 character if possible. The current size limit is 16 characters.

2> Please increase the number of L3 interfaces that can be created. Currently it is limited to 16 active interfaces. 64 would be nice.

3> Please update the key exchange algorithm for SSH sessions to something newer. Currently it seems to use diffie-hellman-group1-sha1. This algorithm is no longer considered secure. Using the older algorithm causes many SSH clients to present warnings.

3> Please consider adding some form of dynamic routing protocol such as OSPF or BGP. I know this is a big ask but it would really make these switches super useful.

Thanks,

pricemc1

Options
2 Reply
Re:Feature Requests for JetStream 8-Port 10G SFP+ L2+ Managed Switch
2022-02-28 07:25:45

@pricemc1 I don't think tplink will change the specifications of SX3008F, you will need a higher level switch. I hear someone said there will be a high-end Omada switch coming in this year. The dynamic routing functions you mentioned are available on L3 switch, but SX3008F is more like a L2+ level. 

Options
Re:Feature Requests for JetStream 8-Port 10G SFP+ L2+ Managed Switch
2022-03-03 15:01:55 - last edited 2022-03-03 15:02:11

@Somnus 

I would just be happy if they could increase the field lengths for the description fields from 16. That one is a major annoyance. I know asking for better L3 capabilities is something they probably wouldnt do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.