TP-Link ER605 - How to block an IP from accessing the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 03:01:48 - last edited 2022-03-02 01:35:36

Hello, 

I couldn't find the right location to post this question, so I hope this is ok.  

I have a new TP-Link ER605 VPN Router that I will be using multiple AC1350 wireless access points with.  My question is with behavior control.  What I would like to do is block a set of IP's on the network from accessing the internet.  They only need access to the LAN and will never need access outside of that.  What is the best way to do that on this router?  I see i can block URL's and HTTP Post as well as specific file extension downloads... but I simply just want to block 100% internet access for certain IP's.   

I appreciate any help you may have! :)

Thanks, 

Ty - 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link ER605 - How to block an IP from accessing the internet
2022-03-02 05:59:04

Zracer15 wrote

Hello, 

I couldn't find the right location to post this question, so I hope this is ok.  

I have a new TP-Link ER605 VPN Router that I will be using multiple AC1350 wireless access points with.  My question is with behavior control.  What I would like to do is block a set of IP's on the network from accessing the internet.  They only need access to the LAN and will never need access outside of that.  What is the best way to do that on this router?  I see i can block URL's and HTTP Post as well as specific file extension downloads... but I simply just want to block 100% internet access for certain IP's.   

I appreciate any help you may have! :)

Thanks, 

Ty - 

Dear  @Zracer15,

Access Control is more suitable for your case. Two rules we need to build: 

1. Allow the IP access your local network;

2. Block the IP to all services

The router will apply the rule one by one, so this IP will only have access to your local network.

Here is an example but not the same requirement. You may take it as a reference:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1039/

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1907

Replies: 1

Related Articles