EAP110-Outdoor unable to get IP on DHCP — Cable Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 07:18:10 - last edited 2022-03-01 07:20:17
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.3 Build 20211022 Rel. 31831

I was able to configure my EAP-110 Outdoor successfully. However, the device can only connect to the network if I use a short cable (AmazonBasics Cat 6) of 3 ft. As soon as I plugged in a longer cable, I tried a D-Link patch ~60ft and AmazonBasics Cat 6 of 50 ft; the WiFi cannot obtain IP from the router's DHCP. However, the WiFi SSID is visible, and the device has a stable green light.

The setup has been painful, as I see the cables are brand new. I also tried short cables from other brands, but it only works with AmazonBasics Cat 6. Also, I do not understand the technical aspect of why the device would refuse to respond to DHCP. 

I'm about to order a new 25ft AmazonBasics Cat 6, hoping that works, but this severely limits where I can place the device and would be useless if I could only use the 3ft cables. 

sad

On my network, I am successfully running another EAP-110 Outdoor and two other EAP-115s.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP110-Outdoor unable to get IP on DHCP — Cable Issue
2022-03-02 06:40:37

Dear @the-moka-pot ,

EAP-110 Outdoor support passive PoE up to 60 meters. However it is refer to the Ethernet cable between EAP and poe injector. The poe injector must use a short Ethernet cable to connect the switch/router. 

Regards

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP110-Outdoor unable to get IP on DHCP — Cable Issue
2022-03-07 11:43:46
Thanks, Hank21, for your reply. The cable from the switch to the POE injector is 1 meter long. This EAP-110 works when connected to a POE injector via the AmazonBasics cable of 1.5 meters in length. But not with the 15 meters.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 3

Related Articles