Online detection configuration - Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 12:57:05
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a ER605 and 5 Omada EAPs managed via a LAN Omada SDN controller (V5.0.30).

The ER605 is expected to work in failover mode with a gbps fiber connection primary and a LTE modem as secondary (with secondary to be used only when primary is down) 

The primary connection is via a fiber modem that establishes its own WAN connection with the ISP and assigns a DHCP IP / DNS to the ER605.

The problem that I now have is that when the primary goes down, the ER605 continues to assume that the line is still up as the local fiber modem is still alive and responding.

In manual mode, I could set online detection to custom and set ER605 to ping a public IP like 8.8.8.8 as the online test method.

I cannot seem to find any such option on the Omada SDN controller. Any suggestions or workarounds?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Online detection configuration - Omada
2022-03-02 10:05:34

Dear @abhi182 ,

Please try change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8, on the Settings-->WAN-->Advanced Settings. 

Controller detect the online status according to this DNS by default, and currently we can't modify it like standalone mode. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options