SNMP no longer working after firmware update to 1.2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 14:07:13
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I updated to firmware 1.2.0 and no longer can SNMP walk the device.  I was going to try to revert the router to standalone by "unmanaging" it but that option looks to have disapeard.  Is this a known bug?  What do I need to do to allow this to work again?

Options
7 Reply
Re:SNMP no longer working after firmware update to 1.2
2022-03-02 06:14:25

Dear  @Pud ,

The router is managed by controller? 

If so, please try readopt the router on the controller, then test SNMP walk again.

If the router is not managed by controller, please backup the router's config(via web interface), then reset the router.

Regards

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-02 14:20:55

@Hank21 

That did not work.

Options
2022-03-03 04:24:38

@Pud Right now you are using Standalone mode or Controller mode? What is the firmware build number of your router and controller?

More details will help us figure out the problem. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-03 07:10:02

@Pud Could you please provide the topology graph about your whole network? 

Did you change any settings after firmware upgrading? 

Is there any error message when you try SNMP walk the router?

Options
2022-03-03 13:05:45

@Hank21 

it is back in controller mode.  The router is on firmware 1.2.0.  Controller firmware is 5.0.30.

Options
2022-03-03 13:14:38

@Hank21 

when I try to snmpwalk the OID in this TPLink FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/3043/

I get this result:

Timeout: No Response from 192.168.0.1

Here is the topology which is no different than from before the firmware update:

Options
2022-03-07 07:15:35

Dear @Pud ,

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 7