Configuration of WAN Port - "An error occurred during data submission."

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 22:51:09 - last edited 2022-03-09 06:53:30
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220117 Rel.74491

Bought new ER7206. I am planning to set up a dual WAN in the near future but right now it's only one WAN.

I connected an Ethernet cord from the DSL modem to the first WAN port of the router. A default route through the WAN port appears in the routing table. Devices connected to LAN can access the Internet.

However, the router thinks the WAN port is offline and does not appear in System Status. When I go to configure the WAN port and try to set it to Dynamic IP, it gives me the following error message: "An error occurred during data submission." If I set it to anything else (Static, PPPOE, etc.), it only complains if the IP or login info is left blank and otherwise nothing happens. If I change the tab and come back, everything is reset and the connection type shows as "----".

Is there something I am missing or is this router defective?

UPDATE: The routing table is dynamic, no static routes.

Here are screenshots.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Configuration of WAN Port - "An error occurred during data submission."-Solution
2022-03-08 13:45:23 - last edited 2022-03-09 06:53:30

Thank you @Hank21. Accessing the router from another device resolved the issue. It looks like it was a problem with the browser cache.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Configuration of WAN Port - "An error occurred during data submission."
2022-03-08 12:43:36

Dear @ChrisB569865625

ChrisB569865625 wrote

Bought new ER7206. I am planning to set up a dual WAN in the near future but right now it's only one WAN.

I connected an Ethernet cord from the DSL modem to the first WAN port of the router. A default route through the WAN port appears in the routing table. Devices connected to LAN can access the Internet.

However, the router thinks the WAN port is offline and does not appear in System Status. When I go to configure the WAN port and try to set it to Dynamic IP, it gives me the following error message: "An error occurred during data submission." If I set it to anything else (Static, PPPOE, etc.), it only complains if the IP or login info is left blank and otherwise nothing happens. If I change the tab and come back, everything is reset and the connection type shows as "----".

Is there something I am missing or is this router defective?

1. You can try to change the device to enter the web interface to check.
2. It is strongly recommended to use the incognito mode of your browser to access the interface.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Configuration of WAN Port - "An error occurred during data submission."-Solution
2022-03-08 13:45:23 - last edited 2022-03-09 06:53:30

Thank you @Hank21. Accessing the router from another device resolved the issue. It looks like it was a problem with the browser cache.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 655

Replies: 2

Related Articles