Omada as Hotspot gateway with 3rd party APs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-08 18:06:02 - last edited 2022-03-11 07:00:19
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hello,
I would like to continue using my existing infrastructure of WLAN access points. Currently, I have installed several LigoWave and Ubiquiti UniFi APs and as a hotspot gateway, I use a MikroTik router. Now I would like to replace this router with a router and a controller from TP-Link from the Omada series. Will this work, or are APs from TP-Link necessarily required?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada as Hotspot gateway with 3rd party APs-Solution
2022-03-11 04:55:43 - last edited 2022-03-11 07:00:19

@Timti 

I did an experiment myself and set up portal for wired devices in the LAN with only controller and omada gateway, and found that it worked.

Then I added another brand of AP in the middle and found that when the phone connects to the WiFi of the AP it can jump to the authentication interface, initially, your requirement should be achievable. wink

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada as Hotspot gateway with 3rd party APs
2022-03-09 13:33:01

@Timti 

Is the specific function you want to use portal?
Can you describe in detail what specific function you want to keep on your original AP?

Options
Re:Omada as Hotspot gateway with 3rd party APs
2022-03-09 14:05:30

@Virgo A TP-Link Omada device should have a WAN port for internet access as DHCP client and on another port (LAN) the device should provide a DHCP server and redirect all traffic to the portal. I can use that LAN port to map a VLAN for my wifi APs.

Options
Re:Omada as Hotspot gateway with 3rd party APs-Solution
2022-03-11 04:55:43 - last edited 2022-03-11 07:00:19

@Timti 

I did an experiment myself and set up portal for wired devices in the LAN with only controller and omada gateway, and found that it worked.

Then I added another brand of AP in the middle and found that when the phone connects to the WiFi of the AP it can jump to the authentication interface, initially, your requirement should be achievable. wink

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 699

Replies: 3

Related Articles