Omada - How to backup all devices config?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 10:36:07

Hi Everyone,

I have TP-link Omada OC200 with Router, Switch and AP.

I'm curious how to backup the configuration of all my devices.

In the OC200 there appears to be backup to USB feature.

Can someone tell me if this feature backup everything?

If it does, and say I restore a whole site with multiple routers/switches/etc...

How does it differentiate the replacement switches/routers/etc?

Thanks for your help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada - How to backup all devices config?
2022-03-10 11:40:42

@sengu 

Here is an article on configuring backup in the old controller interface, which I think has some information that will still be helpful to you.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2677/

As for how to configure the new version of the interface, you can find a clearer description in the User Guide:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2021/202112/20211203/1910013060_Omada%20SDN%20Software%20Controller%204.4.4%20(Windows&Linux)_User%20Guide.pdf

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Omada - How to backup all devices config?
2022-03-11 07:33:46

@sengu 

Backup works very well, but you have to keep in mind that it will not be able to run restore if a device breaks down. so if you have an advanced configuration on a switch with many VLAN port config and more and this switch breaks then you will not be able to run restore of this on a new switch. this is something I have asked Tp-Link about, unifi has this option to restore a broken switch or access point, so I hope Tp-Link gets that in place as well

Options