ER7206 Standalone Web Interface immediately logs out after logging in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 23:49:52 - last edited 2022-03-10 00:56:41
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi,

After switching to the ER7206 standalone configuration interface (for reasons mentioned in https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/538452?replyId=1054962), I was noticing with Chrome browser that the local management web interface would immediately log me out after I log in with proper credentials.  If I am lucky I see a brief session timeout message.  With Firefox I was not seeing this issue.  This was yesterday.  Today, it seems, at least on one computer, I am okay with Chrome.

Any idea what could be going on here?  I'm afraid of what might happen if both Chrome and Firefox stop working.  I could be locked out of the management interface of the router at that point. :(

Thanks,

G

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206 Standalone Web Interface immediately logs out after logging in
2022-03-10 10:59:42

Dear @GopS

GopS wrote

After switching to the ER7206 standalone configuration interface (for reasons mentioned in https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/538452?replyId=1054962), I was noticing with Chrome browser that the local management web interface would immediately log me out after I log in with proper credentials.  If I am lucky I see a brief session timeout message.  With Firefox I was not seeing this issue.  This was yesterday.  Today, it seems, at least on one computer, I am okay with Chrome.

Any idea what could be going on here?  I'm afraid of what might happen if both Chrome and Firefox stop working.  I could be locked out of the management interface of the router at that point.

Please don't worry, it is most likely a browser problem.

Normally, changing the browser or using the privacy window in the browser will solve the problem.

Best Regards!

Options
Re:ER7206 Standalone Web Interface immediately logs out after logging in
2022-03-10 22:09:35

Hi @Hank21,

> Please don't worry, it is most likely a browser problem.

Chrome is a widely adopted and well-tested browser.  That's not to say it can't have bugs, but it's more likely the problem is in the TP-Link management interface.  It's possible that it could manifest in other browsers as well, rendering the management interface inaccessible. :(

> Normally, changing the browser or using the privacy window in the browser will solve the problem.

I'm using Chrome and had already tried using it in normal and incognito mode, and I've also used the browser both on Linux and Mac OS X. :(

G

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 2