ER7206: Email notifications for alerts/errors/etc. with standalone config interface?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7206: Email notifications for alerts/errors/etc. with standalone config interface?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 23:53:01 - last edited 2022-03-18 02:24:51
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi,

I have had to switch to the ER7206 standalone configuration interface (for reasons mentioned in https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/538452?replyId=1054962), and I am unable to find a mechanism to automatic email notifications for critical alerts (for example failover to WLAN backup).  When adopted through the Omada Controller interface into a "site," it is possible to get email notifications.

Would appreciate any guidance here on how to achieve this capability with the standalone interface.

Thanks,

G

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7206: Email notifications for alerts/errors/etc. with standalone config interface?-Solution
2022-03-10 23:35:45 - last edited 2022-03-18 02:24:51

Hi  @Virgo ,

Thanks.  I was able to use the syslog upload interface with a rsyslog server config to send me emails.

I used a regex to capture all logs that are severity 0-4.  We'll see if this gives me sufficient coverage though as I don't know all of the possible errors (and their corresponding message contents and log levels) to be sure.  For example, taking down one of the WAN interfaces by issuing a "disconnect" in the mgmt interface only gave a "NOTICE" (log level 5).  Emailing for all NOTICE levels would be too much spam.

G

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206: Email notifications for alerts/errors/etc. with standalone config interface?
2022-03-10 11:23:32

@GopS

If you go to the router's web interface, go to system tools ----system log, where you can set the server IP, provided of course that you have a similar server in your LAN, and then you can do the relevant settings on the server to bind or send the log settings to your mailbox.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:ER7206: Email notifications for alerts/errors/etc. with standalone config interface?-Solution
2022-03-10 23:35:45 - last edited 2022-03-18 02:24:51

Hi  @Virgo ,

Thanks.  I was able to use the syslog upload interface with a rsyslog server config to send me emails.

I used a regex to capture all logs that are severity 0-4.  We'll see if this gives me sufficient coverage though as I don't know all of the possible errors (and their corresponding message contents and log levels) to be sure.  For example, taking down one of the WAN interfaces by issuing a "disconnect" in the mgmt interface only gave a "NOTICE" (log level 5).  Emailing for all NOTICE levels would be too much spam.

G

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 953

Replies: 2

Related Articles