TL-SG1024D connection lose/drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-10 05:15:54 - last edited 2022-03-11 04:31:34
Model: TL-SG1024D  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Solved

I upgraded from an 8-port switch to the TL-SG1024D and noticed since swapping I've been having connection drops and run timeouts every 20 sec-2 mins or so before it returns to working correctly. For reference please see the image below me just pinging google.com for over 20 mins.

The way I have it set up is I'm using a Telstra gen 2 smart Modem to provide all the IP addresses and the switch connected directly to that.  Would anyone be aware of what may be causing this issue or how I can resolve it?

Solution
The issue was caused by a lopped cable I didn't notice when connecting the switch up. It just kept sending packets out and right back into itself which cause connection issues for all other devices. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG1024D connection lose/drops
2022-03-11 02:02:32 - last edited 2022-03-11 02:03:37

@Fads 

I don't think you do the right test here. You are not proving the switch causing your network loss. It is your WAN, your internet.

If you want to prove that the switch's to blame, you ping your router's IP. If your ping of LAN expenrience drops/loss, the switch is the fault.

I ping out to the Internet. 8.8.8.8 or anything, I can have fluctuates. That's quite normal. You cannot always get under 10ms.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:TL-SG1024D connection lose/drops
2022-03-11 04:28:38

@Tedd404 II did try pinging 8.8.8.8 and other devices on my network but I ran into the same issues. I later found the issue was a lopped cable that went into the wall that I connected twice to the switch. It's all fixed now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 2