No IPV6 connection possible on ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-12 10:31:14
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220114

IPV6 on ER605

Hello everyone,

I need help. I set up a Omada environment with Switches, APs and ER605 (V1, FW: 1.2.0 Build 20220114). System is running, I got an internet connection and network works fine. But I have one last issue: IPV6.

My ER605 is linked correctly to my cable Modem I got from my ISP - this is running in bridge mode. To get IPV4 and IPV6 addresses I use “Dynamic IP”. It works without problems for IPV4 and I get my public address.

But it doesn’t work for IPV6. I set up the configuration correct: prefix delegation /56 (I got from my ISP), connection type (“Dynamic IP (SLAAC/DHCPv6)) and the other parts of configurations are set on “auto” or similar definition, I think should be fine.

So. Then I tried hundreds of times to click on “connect” to get my IPV6 connection running. But it doesn’t work. Gateway-address is displayed and SOMETIMES I get my correct DNS Server addresses from the server and the status is “online” for a few seconds, then connection switches back to offline. But I don’t get an IPV6 public address.

I don’t know what’s going on there? When I plug in my computer direct to my Modem I got an IP address (V4 and V6), fine - but it doesn’t work with my ER605.

So, at the moment I am using IPV4 only. But I think about switching back to Router mode of my ISP device, cause it’s working fine there. Or I need to try a complete other device. I am frustrated.

Does anybody have similar problems? Or maybe is there any known issue? Would be fine for me so then I would know, that the problem is not caused by me. Google doesn’t find so many results with this topic. Got a feeling, that nobody uses this device :D

Thank you and kind regards

Manuel

Options
3 Reply
Re:No IPV6 connection possible on ER605
2022-03-14 03:42:01

@ReddHerring

Hello and welcome.

May I know who is your ISP?

Is your IPv6 non-address to dial for Internet? Please let me know and will reivew your issue accordingly.

Thanks

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-19 08:47:37 - last edited 2022-03-19 11:04:25

Hello @Hank21 ,

sorry for my delayed reply, but I did a few tests this week what may helps us to detect the issue.

At first, my ISP is Vodafone Cable (Germany).

My insights of this week with my problem:

One day this week I tried again to connect my ER605 via IPV6 to the internet. And as I mentioned it did not work on the usual way how it should. But, anytime I don't know why I don't know how - I got an IPV6 connection and an IP-Address on my WAN port. My networks got a Prefix and everything was working fine from there.

Yesterday I did a try. I disconnected my modem from the ER605. So IPV4 and IPV6 connection were gone. After I reconnected it, IPV4 connection was up and running after a few seconds, but IPV6 don't. Same problem as before. No Prefix on LAN, no public IPV6-address. Ok I accepted this.

Another try. I used an other router. Here "TP-Link Archer C6 V2".  I connected it to my Modem and surprise surprise... IPV6 is running from beginning. I turned off my router, disconnected it from my modem.. After a few seconds IPV6 is up and running. I did a few attempts to break this with restarting my devices. But it works fine - how it should. Everytime I got an IPV6 adress...

So my investigation says: IPV6 works in general. My modem and my network is fine. There must be any issue on the ER605 side.

So far from my side. 

Thank you for your invest

Options
2022-03-21 08:25:57

Dear @ReddHerring ,

ReddHerring wrote

At first, my ISP is Vodafone Cable (Germany).

So my investigation says: IPV6 works in general. My modem and my network is fine. There must be any issue on the ER605 side

1. For better to locate the issue, could you please provide the screenshot to show the corresponding settings on the Archer C6?

2. Please check with your ISP if it is a No-address dial-up to get internet?
3. Checking the relevant information, we found that the ISP you mentioned may not be able to obtain the IPv6 address if the modem is in bridge mode.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1138

Replies: 3