TL-R605: PPPoE xyz failed to connect to the server because sending PADI times out.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-R605: PPPoE xyz failed to connect to the server because sending PADI times out.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 06:55:18
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

The router is managed by Omada controller 5.0.29 and its WAN is connected to xDSL router (in the bridge mode) using PPPoE. The connection is configured ok, works most of the time. Just sometimes, I found hundreds of alerts which is a bit annoying. The connection was fine when these alerts were created... Is there something that can be done to prevent this?

Options
13 Reply
Re:TL-R605: PPPoE xyz failed to connect to the server because sending PADI times out.
2022-03-18 01:19:02

@ZdenekM 

So, the connection is okay. But, the controller spams the alerts, right?

Have you contacted the ISP about your issue? 

Do they have any recommendations for the settings? Something could be wrong. 

Options
Re:TL-R605: PPPoE xyz failed to connect to the server because sending PADI times out.
2022-03-18 08:55:02

> So, the connection is okay. But, the controller spams the alerts, right?

Exactly. 

> Have you contacted the ISP about your issue? Do they have any recommendations for the settings?

They only require the VLAN to be set and nothing more is specified - there are actually not many options to set :)

But just to be sure, I will try to contact them.

Options
2022-03-18 20:26:08 - last edited 2022-03-18 20:26:58

Hello, I have already wrote something in other topic with DSL modem with Cetin VDSL.

I have some troubles with DSL modem as well. It helped me to remove VLAN in the PPPoE settings. With different modem, I have to use VLAN so try some different settings. MTU could also makes troubles.

Options
2022-04-01 05:59:13

I spoke to a guy from ISP and he verified that the settings are ok. He just recommended setting a much higher redial interval, but I think that he misunderstood what this setting does (delay before an attempt to connect after the connection was lost) - he probably thought that the controller tries to reconnect every 10 seconds. However, after the call, it has not happened so far :)

Options
2022-04-05 17:04:48

Today, the connection suddenly stopped working - every 10 seconds, there is that PADI error message and nothing happens - the link is ok, I tried to restart everything multiple times... After the ISP confirmed that on their side everything seems to be ok, I tried to replace R605 with an old OpenWrt router, and voila - I'm online again. How is that possible? I mean I haven't updated the controller or router firmware and it just stopped working. The ISP claims that they did not change any connection parameters... Unfortunately, the controller logs do not contain anything about PPPoE so it is hard to figure out what is going on. Is there any possibility to get access to the router's logs? Any tips on what should I do? 

Options
2022-04-06 07:42:10

Maybe this could happen if the "Internet VLAN" gets somehow ignored?

Options
2022-07-04 08:50:33

@Libik Thanks for the recommendation, I tried various settings but unfortunately without success.

I was also in touch with Czech TP-Link support - they consulted the issue with headquarters, let me know that it would require some coordination with Cetin, etc., and then just stopped responding.

Options
2022-09-27 15:06:07 - last edited 2022-09-27 15:07:19

After a while, I tried it again, and it is still not working. Router FW is 1.2.1, controller 5.5.6.

Options
2022-09-27 18:11:38

@ZdenekM 

I use R605 v2 (managed via Omada) with Terminator from Cetim without any problem for two months, connection is stable and no errors. 

Options
2022-09-30 06:48:26

@NeoCZ Thanks for reporting it works for you :) Could you please share your settings? I bet you have the same as me... Maybe the difference could be in the HW version of the router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5272

Replies: 13

Related Articles