OMADA Controller & JetStream switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 22:58:29
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20220112 Rel.64791

I am unable to register the OC-300 as my hardware controller on the https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/#controller site

- keeps telling me either the captcha has expired (tried about 5 times) or the OC-300 is not online - the dashboard show it online

Cloud Access is greyed out - can't update firmware, unless do it manually which I have to lates on TP-LINK site.

The Controller Settings Menu option under Settings is greyed out.

I have a simple setup ISP modem - ER605 - OC-300 - TL-SG3428 & EAP225Outdoor

I am connected to Internet - full funtionality

Mobile app does not find the OC-300 on my local network

Options
4 Reply
Re:OMADA Controller & JetStream switches
2022-03-18 03:35:07 - last edited 2022-03-18 03:46:42

@vistisoara 

When you access OC300 via the app, you should connect to the WiFi from the same LAN. 

I am not very positive about your description. Are you saying you cannot add from the cloud and when accessing locally the cloud access is grey out, no "bind TP-LINK ID" available?

It would be great if you can share some pics. 

** try different DNS server and you can try hotspot from your phone when doing the captcha. I sometimes use hotspot when my fiber does not work. 

Reboot everything if possible

You can also test the port from the OC300. Connect a PC to the port and check if the PC can get Internet or not

Options
2022-03-20 22:29:50

@John1234 thks John;

had done most things you suggested in your msg; unfortunately, no go;

on Fri I tried adjusting some of the port-VLAN mappings now the OC300 has disappeared from network; lights are on but I can't map to it, I can't access it;

probably my next step is to factory-reset and start again (I do have backup of my settings but I think I might start fresh, again - very time consuming and frustrating)

Options
2022-03-22 23:51:33

@John1234 hi John

some further testing on this:

disconnected OC300 from TL-SG3428 port and plugged it directly into the ER605 Port4 - that allowed the OC300 to go online and now registered with TP-LINK ID;

this is not the way the tp-link installation video recommended it - screenshot below: 

I have plugged the EAP225 directly into the TL-SG3428 but the OC300 does not recognise it and it fails to adopt it; I have reset the EAP225 several time, no luck

The most annoying thing is when I have my PC connected to the TL-SG3428 and they operate under the OMADA controller - the PC mouse & keyboard blank out/stop working for about 1 minute and then they back on, without any other intervention. No clue why.

On the OMADA Controller - I have setup 1 VLAN for CCTV with its own DHCP range - I have allocated ports 23/24 to that VLAN and turned on DHCP - for somre reason the cameras connected to those two ports are not allocated IP addresses within that IP range.

Any suggestions or help, pls.

rgrds

Options
2022-04-04 12:42:05

@vistisoara 

Make sure both your EAP and OC300 are compatible. OC300 can use V3 V4 V5 Omada Controller because it depends on the firmware installed on it. If you use a older firmware on your EAP, they're not compatible. Esp. firmware for Omada Controller V3 is incompatible with the OC300 with V4 and V5. So, make sure of this first.

The screenshot is a typical network diagram. You don't want to waste the precious ports on the router therefore you connect OC300 to the switch. As OC300 is using AC power, you don't need to worry about the power issue.

From what you said about no IP, make sure you refer to the link: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3091/

Options