OMADA SDN has IP from LAN but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-20 16:33:15 - last edited 2022-03-24 15:56:13
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.4

Hello,

I have a very simple  mesh setup for my farm property. Two EAP-225's meshed to get WiFi to our main house about 200 feet from my office. Everything was kinda work fine until yesterday internet comes in and out. Sometimes 10mpbs, sometimes .55mbps or 0. (I'm getting about 25-75mpbs from Verzion LTE Home Internet)

As of last night I'm basically getting 0. No internet connection from EAPs. They have IP addresses from router. On topology map I see this below. "Internet Disconnected". I've checked the ethernet connection from router to EAP. Turned things off, switched ethernet wires. Logged into router...I can see the two EAP's connected there as well and they have IP addresses on same subnet as router.

From beginning I noticed...upon connecting to the new SSID from the EAP mesh from a mobile device I would often see "No Internet Connection" and little "!" wifi icon. Then...about 1-2 minutes later I could actually get to the internet and that has become worse and worse until basically there is no connection.

Out of ideas. Upon setup...I would 35mbps if I was 2 feet from the EAP. Today...bupkiss. Any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

bf89533580514abfb72e4672f95d48a2

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OMADA SDN has IP from LAN but no internet-Solution
2022-03-24 15:56:03 - last edited 2022-03-24 15:56:13
I was finally able to get it back up and running by changing the LAN to a different subnet than router: 192.168.10.1 I'm not sure if this is what is stated in any of the documentation but it's what worked for me. I found this tip specifically around experiences between the Verizon LTE Home Internet router and TP-Link products lines including Deco and Omada.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:OMADA SDN has IP from LAN but no internet
2022-03-21 09:03:39

Dear @NR3D ,

NR3D wrote

As of last night I'm basically getting 0. No internet connection from EAPs. They have IP addresses from router. On topology map I see this below. "Internet Disconnected". I've checked the ethernet connection from router to EAP. Turned things off, switched ethernet wires. Logged into router...I can see the two EAP's connected there as well and they have IP addresses on same subnet as router.

1. May I know the version of your controller and the firmware version of EAP?

2. If you put the EAP close to main router, can it solve the issue?

3. Please use you phone connect or laptop connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi. If you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails.

Please check the physical connection from the router to the EAP. If you are not sure, please use a PC replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check the PC can get internet or not.

4. If you can connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi but no internet, please check the IP address on the phone or PC.
How to find IP address of Android smartphone/iPhone/iPad?

5. If you can get a valid IP address, please do the Ping test on the PC, we need to Ping the router’s LAN IP, ping the 8.8.8.8
Here is the instruction of the Ping test:
How to Use the Ping Command

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:OMADA SDN has IP from LAN but no internet
2022-03-21 16:52:20

@Hank21 

Hello and thank you. See below:

1. Controller is v5.1.7.. (FYI its a mac running bootcamp connected to router via wifi)

uplink EAP is 5.0.4

Downlink EAP is 1.20.0

(I've tried to upgrade them...just says downloading, been a long time and no change to that)

2. If you put the EAP close to main router, can it solve the issue? No

3. Please use you phone connect or laptop connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi. If you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails.

Please check the physical connection from the router to the EAP. If you are not sure, please use a PC replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check the PC can get internet or not. All client devices are given an IP on the subnet. But mobile clients show "No internet connection" under SSID. Need to find a computer with an ethernet port to do this test. 

4. If you can connect to the EAP’s Wi-Fi but no internet, please check the IP address on the phone or PC.
How to find IP address of Android smartphone/iPhone/iPad? All client devices are given an IP on the subnet

5. If you can get a valid IP address, please do the Ping test on the PC, we need to Ping the router’s LAN IP, ping the 8.8.8.8
Here is the instruction of the Ping test: How to Use the Ping Command Did a ping test. Everything connected.

This feels weird. From my PC running the controller I can connect to the new EAP SSID. I'm 4 feet from the EAP, that is wired to the ISP router. From the PC then I can ping the router. I can login to the router via it's IP but NO INTERNET CONNECTION!

Options
Re:OMADA SDN has IP from LAN but no internet-Solution
2022-03-24 15:56:03 - last edited 2022-03-24 15:56:13
I was finally able to get it back up and running by changing the LAN to a different subnet than router: 192.168.10.1 I'm not sure if this is what is stated in any of the documentation but it's what worked for me. I found this tip specifically around experiences between the Verizon LTE Home Internet router and TP-Link products lines including Deco and Omada.
Recommended Solution
Options