Wi-Fi does not work on certain channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 16:52:15
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.4

I am setting up my EAP245v3 and am running into a strange problem.

If I leave the channel selection on auto, it is placed on a frequency where there is already an AP.

I have 3 APs so I want to use channels 1,6,11. The problem comes when I select channel 11, for example, on the EAP245v3.

If I do, the EAP appears to NOT transmit wifi (I look at it using Wifi Analyzer). If I put channel 1 on it, it works and transmits Wi-Fi.

Is my drive defective? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi does not work on certain channels
2022-03-22 11:26:39

@joseps 

It may be that the channel is crowded and you can manually place the EAP on the channel you want to place it on.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-03-22 12:08:21

@Virgo 

Hello, the EAPs are in an area where there is no other Wi-Fi signal around. That's why it seems strange to me.

I only have my other two APs on channels 1 and 6.

If I put the EAP on channel 11 manually, the wifi signal from it disappears forever.

Options
2022-03-23 04:47:26

@joseps 

This seems to be related to your network environment, my EAP works fine and I have no problem changing the channel.

In fact, since the other channels are not congested, you can put both EAPs on channel 1.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 3

Related Articles