Devices not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Devices not connecting
Devices not connecting
2022-03-22 13:35:23 - last edited 2022-03-22 13:42:00
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.7 Build 20211026 rel. 33125

Team,

I have a customer with three EAP-225 - two outdoor and one ceiling-version.

Devices can not connect to the ceiling-AP-version. The error message is about a non-matching WPA-key.

While the same key works as expected when connecting to one of the 2 outdoor AP's.

The message in the eventlog says:

[Failed]E0-D4-E8-35-FE-BC failed to connected to 60-32-B1-12-9A-BA with SSID "Wtrading" on channel 1 because WPA Authentication times out/failed.(1 time in a minute)

What I have tried:

- Increasing DTIM from 1 to 3

- Disable fast roaming and AI roaming

- From high to low on the TX-power (EIRP)

- Enable GIK-rekeying every 3600 seconds

- Mesh is disabled (only wired connections for each AP)

The only working config for the SSID Wtrading is:

- disabling the 5-Ghz-band *and*

- disable fast/AI-roaming.

If I leave one of these on, the same error returns.

It doesn't matter what type of device it is - we have tested with a Windows laptop, an iphone and an android device.

The result is the same for all 3.

Two questions:

(1) - How can I determine the MAC-address for the wifi-parts of the AP?

(2) - Any suggestions to have this working on the 5-Ghz-band?

Thank you - Will

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
4 Reply
Re:Devices not connecting
2022-03-23 07:45:52

Dear @ITV

ITV wrote

Devices can not connect to the ceiling-AP-version. The error message is about a non-matching WPA-key.

While the same key works as expected when connecting to one of the 2 outdoor AP's.

The message in the eventlog says:

[Failed]E0-D4-E8-35-FE-BC failed to connected to 60-32-B1-12-9A-BA with SSID "Wtrading" on channel 1 because WPA Authentication times out/failed.(1 time in a minute)

The only working config for the SSID Wtrading is:

- disabling the 5-Ghz-band *and*

- disable fast/AI-roaming.

If I leave one of these on, the same error returns.

Two questions:

(1) - How can I determine the MAC-address for the wifi-parts of the AP?

(2) - Any suggestions to have this working on the 5-Ghz-band?

Thanks for your feedback, here is some information as your reference.

1. The MAC address of the EAP shown on the controller is the 2.4GHz MAC address, if you add the number at the end of this MAC address + 1 it will be the 5GHz MAC address.

For example, if the EAP's MAC address is 1A-1B-1C-1D-1E-2A, then this is the 2.4G MAC address, but 5G MAC address should be 1A-1B-1C-1D-1E-2B.

2. TP-LINK support locally tried to test as you described, but it did not reproduce the problem, so could you please test again to see if the problem is reproduced consistently?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-23 07:48:31 - last edited 2022-03-23 07:56:39

It is/was reproduced consistently - spend 2+ hours on all kind of testing. Perhaps there is more then meets the eye?

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
2022-03-24 05:44:08

Dear @ITV ,

ITV wrote

It is/was reproduced consistently - spend 2+ hours on all kind of testing. Perhaps there is more then meets the eye?

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-15 06:25:11

I had the same problem, I solved it as suggested here)))  But in my spare time, I love creating step by step drawing tutorials for little kids!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 4

Related Articles