EAP225 as an AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225 as an AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP225 as an AP
EAP225 as an AP
2022-03-24 06:03:28
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I tried looking for answer in Google but couldnt find one.

I just want to configure the EAP225 (AC1350) as an AP.

I already have wireless router with designated SSD running, and i wanted to connect this EAP225 to that network. And doing so, expecting it to inherit the SSID from the main wireless router.

Any one can help me?

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 as an AP
2022-03-24 08:28:07

@jarbiscuit 

EAP225 is an AP (Access Point) no other way to configure that

Options
Re:EAP225 as an AP
2022-03-25 17:00:58

Hi @jarbiscuit,

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  The EAP225 is an access point not a wifi repeater / extender.  But, fear not, you can make use of it.

If I were you, I'd buy a second one, and then turn off the wifi on your existing router.  And setup and use the Wifi on your new EAP225's.

OR, you can keep your existing router based Wifi, connect your new EAP225 via Ethernet, and then configure it (the EAP) to use the same SSID(s) and password settings as the Wifi on your router.

The trick with the EAP is that you must configure it from it's built in web management interface or using the Omada App (iOS/Android).

It will not inherit settings from your router (other than it's IP address via DHCP) under any circumstances.

-Jonathan

Options