Vpn client configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Vpn client configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Vpn client configuration
Vpn client configuration
2022-03-27 20:48:21
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

I'm Trying to configure an vpn profile with L2TP and I'm confused with the user name,password field. Is this the username, password that is created in the controller for the vpn client creation in the account cloud controller unit, or is it for third party vpn accounts to login like expressvpn, purevpn. I eluded with the profile table so your input will be considered and appreciated. So in a nut shell please let me know what is the deployed function of username and password?

Sincerely,

Humble newbien

Options
1 Reply
Re:Vpn client configuration
2022-03-28 06:38:20

@RAINDANCER 

Hello,
I am not sure what are you trying to setup. You have VPN Server on ER7206 and you want to configure client? If this is your case, you have to create vpn user in the controller.

If you are trying to configure ER7206 as VPN client, you have to fill username and password from your VPN server (your company, expressvpn, etc.)

Options