OpenVPN Username and Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-01 10:58:48
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V1_1.2.0 Build 20220114

The problem is always the same: It's not possible to connect as OpenVPN client to services (in my case surfshark) when username and pw are required.

I find it very disappointing, since a VPN GATEWAY is supposed to be well implementing all the main VPN features.

A generic glinet router I tried a month ago, 20$ cheaper, did it better. And it was a router+AP+switch for home users, not something pretending to be professional.

Furthermore no wireguard protocol is implemented.. again a basic openwrt router can support that protocol, how is it possible that such a "PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS VPN ROUTER" is not able to do what a  20 bucks chinese portable router do??

Options
1 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Username and Password
2022-04-04 04:50:53

@GBenez 

I don't understand your point. If you compare a router's firmware to an "open for everyone to modify" firmware, there is no advantage for the firmware developed by the team. 

Think about this, why would Microsoft publish windows 10/11 while it is not as good as the 3rd party's built? It's not for computer gurus who know what to do, what to use. It's just not for gurus. Just for regular customers. 

I use ASUS as well as TP-LINK. I use merlin instead of the original from the ASUS. It's more customized for me because I want to do whatever I want. 

You should bring this up in the suggestion section. "Openvpn username and password" suggestion has been a hot topic since OpenVPN was supported in the previous firmware. This one should be available pretty soon from what I can tell. 

BTW, a kind reminder: openvpn has not supported proxy for the Internet. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 625

Replies: 1

Related Articles