Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

315 Reply
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-02-03 20:21:43

Hey  @Clive_A! Good to hear the feature is on it's way to the controller. Are there any plans to make this work for the ER605 router itself?

Options
2024-02-08 09:24:30

oh...I have setup an AGH DNS server only to find out it is still not implemented.

Options
RE:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-02-09 10:30:30
urgent!
Options
RE:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-02-09 10:40:37

guys, run a docker with a controller on a third-party PC and a separate docker with a pi-hole (or ad guard), which will be a local dns with personal local dns records. this will be the best option at the moment. and it would be ideal if the omada gateway could also be launched in the docker.

Options
2024-02-14 20:26:43 - last edited 2024-02-15 02:13:20

Yes, such basic feather is available on all consumer routers, and we need this on the Omada line.

+1 for ER7206

Options
2024-02-15 20:31:23

@all Please stop whining. This Thread is really getting annoying... 

First of all NO a so called VPN Router does NOT to have a DNS Server. If you can not read a simple datasheet, it is not TP Links fault. Be happy that they will add this feature in the future which is still a "goodie". The given DNS caching/proxy feature is still enough for a router.

Based on how you are writing in your posts, i know most of you are not a professional IT staff or anything else. An IT professional had already found a solution by installing a dedicated DNS server. Btw, i don't think that you really need a complete DNS Server, you just want a possibility to use hostnames with a domain appendix for your home stuff.  

I subscribed this topic to get updates from developer and the last 50 posts are only blaming and whining. Really, do you a favor for yourself and me and try to be more professional and do not act like a child.

Thank you!

Options
2024-02-15 20:40:08

@wwwiesel 

and what about the latest firmware for access points, for example 620v1. which has not been updated for several years. yes, in general, if the hardware has version 3-4-5, you can forget about the first 2. at one time, this point was released with great publicity, the first HD AX.... and forgotten in the same year. what should I do with this pile of iron? they should have been updated a long time ago, and they work somehow. although they gave a lot of money for them. and this applies to almost all the equipment, they can't do the normal final thing. We are all beta testers. for your money.

Options
2024-02-15 20:46:41

There's no arguing with a fanboy, just ignore it.

Options
2024-02-15 20:49:06
A serious manufacturer will never allow itself to release more than two versions of the same device. and even more so, they are completely different in hardware. this is a spat at the community. If you sold a device, you have to maintain it, not give it up in the first year. To be honest, I won't buy any hardware from them anymore. because I saw their approach to the production and development of software
Options
2024-02-15 21:02:54

First of all, me and my customers are happy with the given omada setup and its used it in a professional environment... stable and for for the given target group a good solution. Especially i know the limitations of the given product.

Regarding your issues with not topic related stuff, i don't care because id do not discuss on whataboutism stuff. If you want to discuss this, create a new topic. 

Again, that's what i said, be professional. For me its ok to discuss, but it has to be constrictive and on a technical based level. Blaming and insulting posts is not constructive and in my point of view, it shows me that the user is not constructive and is rather pitiable. You can not win a war with these users, leave them behind.

Options

Voters 204

+ 200 Voters