omada setup with er7602 and iptv on SFP wan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-04 08:08:32
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.1.7

Hi..

breaking my head on this item before coming here. I'm setting up my new router er7602 and internet is doing fine on vlan on SFP connection.

Now i wanted to enable IPTV with custom settings and I finally noticed that the WAN port selection list doesnt show the SFPWAN, only the eth WAN.

Is this intended to be excluded or is this something that could be supported anyway? (can't imagine, as it's just a network interface for the OS). Hope really to find a solution in Omada, else i need to return this router and swap it for something else (which i rather not do)

Options
4 Reply
Re:omada setup with er7602 and iptv on SFP wan
2022-04-04 12:33:58

So I got my hands on a media converter and did a setup on the ETH WAN now (disregarding the SFP connection), everything works fine that way. WAN eth is serving internet and iptv with no issues. So it's just the SFP thats messed up in setting up the IPTV, really hope this can be resolved one way or another.

Options
2022-04-07 07:48:00

@sandersomething 

I don't see this function on SFP WAN. Do you know any router that has SFP WAN and support IPTV on it as well?

Options
2022-04-07 16:01:39
my 10 year old draytek router did. In the end it's only multi vlan settings on WAN, so there is absolutely no reason for this sfp port not to be able to do it.
Options
2022-04-20 14:53:58

seemingly the behavior is not correct as tplink support confirms they can select the spf port anyway. They're investigating based on my config export.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 964

Replies: 4