Tp Link - VLAN Configuration with Unifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-05 10:04:47

I am using Omada controller with access switch and managing the core switch independently. I have created VLAN in Both (Core and Omada) and when I assign the VLAN to switch prot then it is not supplying the dynamic IP to the client device. I am using Unifi Dream Machine Pro as my Gatway/DHCP. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tp Link - VLAN Configuration with Unifi
2022-04-06 06:15:09

@bhhussain 

Hi. It seems that you have trouble with the VLAN tagging/untagging.

You should check out the Wired Networks > LAN > Networks, create your VLAN first. If you have multiple VLANs, make sure you create them all.

Then, to the Profile. Create one and select the VLAN networks as tag/untag. Since you mention you have core switch, I think that you tag the port on your core switch. Is that correct?

Supposedly, the map should be: CoreSwitch_port# X[tagged_VLAN10 20 & 30]----OmadaSwitch_port# X[tagged_VLAN10 20 & 30] (I am giving an example)

Exam your profile. You can create one and name it Trunk. Or you can just use the "All" profile. Make sure you check the VLAN10 20&30 in the "Tagged Networks".

So, this profile should goes to your OmadaSwitch_port# X. X is your port.

Till now, you have made sure that your uplink to the core switch is good. If you have other devices like APs, you create the profile accordingly. Or you can use the same profile which can give you VLAN10 20&30 networks to the AP. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1109

Replies: 1

Related Articles