Strange Firewall Access Control Behaviour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-26 00:45:39
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Trying to restrict access of a specific port to a specific IP address.  Set up these rules:

ID   Name              Source        Destination    Source    Destination   Policy   Service Type     Direction    Effective Time
                                                    Network   Network 
2    VoIP_Admin        VoIP_Vendor   PBX            ---       ---           Allow    PBX_Admin        WAN IN      Any
3    Block_VoIP_Admin  !VoIP_Vendor  PBX            ---       ---           Block    PBX_Admin        WAN IN      Any

It worked for a few days then suddenly it just stops working.  The port became open to all!

I changed the rule #3 to 'Allow' then back to 'Block'.  It works again!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange Firewall Access Control Behaviour
2022-04-26 09:26:17

@NBAus 

Your problem looks like the configuration has not been sent down for a while after the device has been powered down。

Suggest you can check if the problem occurred after the device was powered down or rebooted.

It cannot be ruled out that it is just a coincidental phenomenon.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Strange Firewall Access Control Behaviour
2022-04-28 02:02:35

@Virgo The device has not been powered down nor restart since all the initial changes to restrict IP address were made. I am not in a position to reboot it since it is in use and I don't want to disturb the end user.  I am keeping an eye on this to see what happen.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 2

Related Articles