OC200 no Internet Access over gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-06 08:29:56 - last edited 2022-05-07 07:23:57
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.1.7

Hi community

I've a setup with ER605, OC200, some switches and EAP. WAN is connected via static IP. Beside LAN I've configured 2 internal segments. I've separate all segments with switch ACL. LAN and all internal segments can reach the internet without issues. Except the OC200 itself. The OC200 is connected to an "all" port profile, IP settings are correct (LAN). Other devices connected to the same port are able to reach the internet. 

Due to the log limitations (Firewall / ACL Logs? - Business Community (tp-link.com)) I'm not able to troubleshoot this issue. Is there any known bug or behaves it like designed?

THX

P.S.: I'm not able to setup neither cloud access nor SMTP server. It looks like update requests are running into a timeout without error message. Only NTP works, for which I have no explanation

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC200 no Internet Access over gateway-Solution
2022-05-07 07:23:48 - last edited 2022-05-07 07:27:55

After reading some threads I was able to solve the problem. 

It looks like that a static IP on the controller is NOT the same like DHCP. I've configured the static IP with the same subnet/gw/dns like DHCP, but got no internet access (cloud LED off). Switching to DHCP solved the problem immediately. 

Another strange behavior has shown up with the DHCP reservation for the OC200. It looks like the gateway ignores the reservation. I've double checked the MAC from the label as well as in arp cache. Without a DHCP log it's impossible to troubleshoot. But as long as the OC200 is the only device without working reservation in the LAN segment,  it should get always the same IP. If not, I need a portscan to find it...  

@TP-Link: The more services and features I'm using the more I'm sure, that OMADA SDN is far away from a "business" solution. Please enable at least the option to configure verbose logging on demand. That's a fundamental requirement. Don't get me wrong. The idea and the concept is great. And as long as everything works like expected, the limited UI is perfect. But some expert level features are essential for a professional solution.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 no Internet Access over gateway-Solution
2022-05-07 07:23:48 - last edited 2022-05-07 07:27:55

It looks like that a static IP on the controller is NOT the same like DHCP. I've configured the static IP with the same subnet/gw/dns like DHCP, but got no internet access (cloud LED off). Switching to DHCP solved the problem immediately. 

Another strange behavior has shown up with the DHCP reservation for the OC200. It looks like the gateway ignores the reservation. I've double checked the MAC from the label as well as in arp cache. Without a DHCP log it's impossible to troubleshoot. But as long as the OC200 is the only device without working reservation in the LAN segment,  it should get always the same IP. If not, I need a portscan to find it...  

@TP-Link: The more services and features I'm using the more I'm sure, that OMADA SDN is far away from a "business" solution. Please enable at least the option to configure verbose logging on demand. That's a fundamental requirement. Don't get me wrong. The idea and the concept is great. And as long as everything works like expected, the limited UI is perfect. But some expert level features are essential for a professional solution.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:OC200 no Internet Access over gateway
2022-05-07 08:43:42

@AndyGR42 I have an Omada test system set up similar to yours also with OC200 but have mine set with a fixed IP on the native VLAN.  The DHCP reservation seems at times to be a bit fickle & I need to know just where my controller is addressed.

Unfortunately, after running a small test installation for a number of months, I have reached the same conclusion as yourself, in that the Omada SDN is a long way off from a working business solution when compared to kit from Ubiquiti (which I run on a live installation) and has good features.   I had hoped to use Omada on a new major installation in the Autumn of 2022 BUT with the current level of quirks & deficiencies plus the lack of timely development with proper business use in mind, my decision will be to NOT use TP Liink Omada, despite having used the very good quality TP Link switches over many years.  

AndyGR42 wrote

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1055

Replies: 2

Related Articles