Votes

Add support One-To-One NAT to any WAN Connectivity type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-09 16:21:06 - last edited 2022-05-10 12:13:17
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220117 Rel.74491

Hi guys,

I bought ER7206 to replace the old Cisco RV042 router and found that One-To-One NAT configuration is limited only to "Static IP" WAN connection type.

I do know about https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/2153/ and think that this is a bad design. ISP can assign Static IP addresses regardless of WAN Connectivity type. For example, I have PPPoE type of connectivity and my ISP assigned 5 Static IP addresses to my WAN. My old Cisco router allows to configure One-to-One NAT to any WAN connection type.

I have to return the router due to this limitation.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Add support One-To-One NAT to any WAN Connectivity type
2022-05-10 05:35:38

Puks wrote

Hi guys,

I bought ER7206 to replace the old Cisco RV042 router and found that One-To-One NAT configuration is limited only to "Static IP" WAN connection type.

I do know about https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/2153/ and think that this is a bad design. ISP can assign Static IP addresses regardless of WAS Connectivity. For example, I have PPPoE type of connectivity and my ISP assigned 5 Static IP addresses to my WAN. My old Cisco router allows to configure One-to-One NAT to any WAN connection type.

I have to return the router due to this limitation.

Thanks

Dear  @Puks 

Thank you for you kindly feedback. I have reported this requirement to our D&R department.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-10 12:16:32

@Hank21 Will you update the thread with the decision? If it's just an UI issue I guess the fix can be implemented very quickly.

Options
2022-05-16 03:53:01

@Puks This is much needed, specially i got some few static ips available. 

Up!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 555

Replies: 3

Voters 2