ER605 dynamic DHCP reservation and MAC filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 09:54:59
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Do you guys think it is possible to use this model as a DHCP / Mac filter in a network. The network is connected to the fiber through my box, and a wi-fi router is connected to the box to provide internet to the devices. I want with the ER605, to connect it to the wi-fi router and redirect the dynamic DHCP address reservation to the ER605 which checks if the MAC address of the connecting device is in my MAC filter or not. If yes then the DHCP gives an IP and the device is connected.

Is all that possible with a ER605 or do i have to search for something more powerful / able to effectively filter MAC addresses and do the dynamic DHCP reservation.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 dynamic DHCP reservation and MAC filtering
2022-05-11 07:23:30

@fam35 No ER605 won't work in your case. I just check the ER605 settings page and it can only use it's own LAN IP as DHCP gateway IP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 1

Related Articles