VPN mask origin VPN client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-13 11:17:10 - last edited 2022-05-13 11:21:58
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0.

I am a happy user of openVPN to improve security (avoiding open ports on my router) and simplify the configurations.

Before I changed to a full Omada HW and sw network I was using a commercial VPN service and utilized the VPNfeature to pretended i was in the country of the VPN service.

Being in other countries I noticed the origin of my client device (using openVPN) is not hidden with the ER7206 as I receive commercials in the language of the country I stay and not where my Router is situated. In some cases I do want to pretend I am in the router country (e.g. a COVID vaccination appointment is prohibited by the Dutch Covid web-application)

Is there a feature on the ER7206 router and/or a client app/feature I should use to enable this capability in my situation using the ER7206 VPN server and Iphone or macbook?  Any help would be appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN mask origin VPN client
2022-05-14 05:47:38

@jandico It's a limitation on tplink router. If you want to hide your client device IP, you can only use L2TP/PPTP VPN server on the ER7206.

Their OpenVPN is only for accessing router LAN network, does not support proxy Internet.

Options
Re:VPN mask origin VPN client
2022-05-14 06:14:30

@Somnus Thank you for the swift reply and clear answer! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 2

Related Articles