Votes

Automatic deletion of log entries older than X days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 06:58:07 - last edited 2022-05-18 00:48:48
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,
Unfortunately there are always problems, e.g. the log fills up due to large ping attacks and I have to delete the log once every 2 weeks. An automatic deletion function would be useful here, so that log entries older than x days are automatically deleted so that the log does not fill up unnecessarily.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Automatic deletion of log entries older than X days
2022-05-18 07:05:41

@ThorstenStr Good suggestion.

I saw some similar Log before. Tplink just suggest to disable the "Block Ping of Death" on Attack Defence settings.

I have to say yes if it does not influence my network, I can disable. But your suggestion is still available.

Options
2022-05-18 08:09:56

@ThorstenStr 

ThorstenStr wrote

Hello,
Unfortunately there are always problems, e.g. the log fills up due to large ping attacks and I have to delete the log once every 2 weeks. An automatic deletion function would be useful here, so that log entries older than x days are automatically deleted so that the log does not fill up unnecessarily.

You can setup History Data Retention on Controller settings.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-18 08:16:56

@Hank21 

Hello, all right, then this function is a bit misleading.
I had understood that this affects the statistics and not the log.
Options
2022-05-18 08:55:52

@ThorstenStr 

ThorstenStr wrote

@Hank21 

Hello, all right, then this function is a bit misleading.
I had understood that this affects the statistics and not the log.

You are right, my mistake.

The History Retention only take effect on Insight, but not Log.

I will report your requirement to our D&R department.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-18 09:02:54

@Hank21 

Then I got it right ;) Yes, I think that makes sense, I like to have an overview of what's happening in the network and look at the logs. Then of course it's not good if the log fills up too quickly and I have to constantly delete it manually. Therefore, an automatic deletion would make sense. So I always have access to the last logs of the X days, but the older ones are automatically discarded.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 362

Replies: 5

Voters 1