Omada Controller reporting a insanely high amount of download/upload from device.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Controller reporting a insanely high amount of download/upload from device.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-18 19:14:05 - last edited 2022-05-19 02:32:48
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

On my home network I have a ER605, EAP620 and TL-SG2210P switch. My work computer (laptop) is reporting over 63,000 GB downloaded in the last 15 days and 35,000GB uploaded from the Insight page. In the windows network area it shows 393 MB in the last 30 days. What is going on here? A bug? I know there is no way this high number is right. If it was I'm sure my ISP would be shutting me down. Not to mention with this being a work computer connected to a VPN the connection speeds are nothing close to what I actually get on my home network.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Omada Controller reporting a insanely high amount of download/upload from device.
2022-05-19 08:38:17

@Chad711 Is there any NVR or NAS in your local network? The Controller record the whole traffice including your local network behaviour, not only Internet access 

Options
Re:Omada Controller reporting a insanely high amount of download/upload from device.
2022-05-20 05:35:34

@Somnus 

Hello, no there is not. Is there any way to try to narrow this down to see where it's coming from? My work pc is reporting this usuage and there is no way it's up to that task. It's also behind a vpn for my company. 

Options
2022-05-23 09:49:09

Dear @Chad711 ,

Chad711 wrote

@Somnus 

Hello, no there is not. Is there any way to try to narrow this down to see where it's coming from? My work pc is reporting this usuage and there is no way it's up to that task. It's also behind a vpn for my company. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID220524287, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-30 09:47:49

Dear @Chad711 ,

Hope you are doing well. Our support team reported that they haven't received your email reply at all.

Have you ever received the support email who case ID is TKID220524287? Or was your concern resolved on your own finally?

We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-06-01 19:37:05
Hello, I will be sending this email today with the requested information. Thanks
Options
2022-06-02 03:30:21

Dear @Chad711 ,

Chad711 wrote

Hello, I will be sending this email today with the requested information. Thanks

That's great! Please feel free to reply to the support email for further follow-up. 

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 6