Votes

Disable "Device Disconnected" alert when triggered by PoE schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-19 10:55:37 - last edited 2022-05-20 05:15:28
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two EAP615-Wall access points and an EAP650 access point all connected to an SG2210MP switch, controlled by an OC200 controller. At night, two of the access points aren't really needed and can be turned off. The power saving for myself is small, but if everyone does this, the savings (for the planet) can make an impact. I also don't like the idea of wasting resources.

I setup a PoE schedule to turn those ports off at night which works well; however, I get "Device disconnected" alerts when this happens. I could turn these alerts off, but there are of course scenarios when you want to be notified.

It would be nice if the "Device disconnected" alert could be prevented when caused by a PoE schedule.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disable "Device Disconnected" alert when triggered by PoE schedule
2022-05-20 05:15:47

idle_robot wrote

I have two EAP615-Wall access points and an EAP650 access point all connected to an SG2210MP switch, controlled by an OC200 controller. At night, two of the access points aren't really needed and can be turned off. The power saving for myself is small, but if everyone does this, the savings (for the planet) can make an impact. I also don't like the idea of wasting resources.

I setup a PoE schedule to turn those ports off at night which works well; however, I get "Device disconnected" alerts when this happens. I could turn these alerts off, but there are of course scenarios when you want to be notified.

It would be nice if the "Device disconnected" alert could be prevented when caused by a PoE schedule.

@idle_robot 

To make your feature requests seen and voted by more people, I'd encourage you submit the feedback under the block of Requests & Suggestions. With more voice, the feature might have more chance to be supported earlier. Cheers!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.