Votes

Voucher hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Voucher hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Voucher hotspot
Voucher hotspot
2022-05-20 15:51:39 - last edited 2022-05-24 09:49:18
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.1.7

Hi i’m not really expert on networking just a medium user on my voucher hotspot business. Internet is already a necessity in my community, my customer is depending on my internet rental service, my voucher wifi to be exact. Most of them cannot afford fiber internet on there home due to expensive monthly bill, same in cellular data signal is most worst. I’m already in 2 years in this business using Omada SDN using voucher system. First time in my 2 years wifi voucher business my customers requested me a feature that i think is valid to be added this feature on voucher hotspot. Most on my customer requesting me to add some feature like this:

1. can revisit the portal page even they still have a remaining time and Adding a time monitoring or time frame in portal page while using the voucher hotspot service. For  them easy monitoring how many time remaining they have before there subscription will stop. 

I tell them that’s a good idea i will try to endorse your request on the developer side. Hopefully they will granted our request. My fellow omada sdn users espicially on voucher hotspot business please help me Up this request. Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Voucher hotspot
2022-05-22 07:49:24 - last edited 2022-05-24 09:49:18

@Hugh22 

Indeed those would be a great default features.

If I may ask, how are you currently handling the vouchers to your customers? Printed copy?

Is there any issue with devices with Random MAC address enabled (Android, iOS)? Specially if voucher is set to 1 session only?

Options
Re:Voucher hotspot
2022-08-05 03:32:51

@Hugh22 

I'd like to second in on this request, as I have also been searching for this solution. I have seen posts, as far back as 2018, asking how a customer can determine the remaining time or data in their voucher, but such feature is yet to come.

I think this should be a necessary requirement to the business. As an owner, you would not want each of your customers to come to you one by one to ask for their remaining time as you are the only one who has access to such info. And as a customer, you trust that your consumption is properly trackable.

Especially that vouchers with traffic limit has been added, it is now more important to have this monitoring accessible to the customer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 518

Replies: 4

Voters 2